After a year, here’s the twenty-five year old version of myself.
This year, the goals I figured out from the 24 year old me is building.
Here are the things I learned along the journey between being twenty four and twenty three.
1. LET IT GO – There are people who came into your life that you can’t let go because you believe that friendship and those times spent together should be kept and cherished. You have a life mantra of “when quitting, think why you even started” —- but that doesn’t apply to all.
You can give yourself a break to this, if you have tried fixing your relationship and you keep on circling to the same situation, it’s time to let go. Remember that some people are not meant to stay in our lives (esp if they cause you too much heartaches and stress), some are just for visits to make us feel human. That is to make us feel hurt, loved, to love and learn. Thank them still, because through them, you keep on learning and knowing yourself.
Remember that some people are not meant to stay in our lives
2. CHERISH LIFE MOMENTS – We are caught building dreams and comply on the activities in our schedule that we are cramped up to have a life. Hey! You are just in your 20’s and it’s ok to have a balanced life still, so by chilling out with friends once a month is ok, it won’t break your dreams, actually it might even help!
Stop living the past and worrying about the future.
Take your mobile phones down and hang up to unnecessary calls. Live that moment right in front of you, be interactive on that moment.
3. SET A GOAL. BUILD AN EMPIRE – The only problem that we have in life is that we just don’t know where we’re heading and that makes most of the people bore about their job and current tasks. YOU NEED TO HAVE A DRIVING FORCE, A DREAM TO LIVE. Find your passion, set minor and major goals for the next few weeks, for the next couple of years and see them fulfill bit by bit, I tell you, it’s gonna be rewarding.
“find something you love, and let it kill you”
4. BEING SINGLE IS OK. (don’t panic!) – Your college friend is rocking his life already, a car, a dream house and their getting married or even expecting a baby, while you, you’re still ain’t got nothing, well —-just yet!.
A moment to be single is a gift. This is the time to know more about yourself, to be free spirited and independent person. Your character is a gift to your partner someday, if you can’t fix yourself and chase for someone to complete you, you will never be completed because that person might someday leave you and you might get incomplete once again.
“I’m busy looking for someone to complete me that I’m already loosing myself and my identity”
-Alice (Dakota Johnson), How to be Single, 2016 Movie [non-verbatim]
5. GET SERIOUS – This is your mid-20’s something, you are no longer that fresh young man graduate guy, you are about to be thirty soon and one day, you’ll be settling down. Give yourself some decency to pay for your bills and taxes by having a stable job and kicking career plan. This is not just for yourself but for your future family. Be that someone who knows how to enjoy life while being serious about responsibilities. Be independent. Be a provider.
Drive that fancy car and live that dream house.